Year 2016
is approaching its end. So I wanna write about this whole year in this review
post. This year has taught me a lot of things. Small things to big things
happened. Well, according to my academic year actually the first six months
belongs to second semester in my first year of med school, while the last six
month belongs to first semester (or I may called it as third semester) of my
second year of med school.
In my
first year I was still trying to adapt with new environment, new culture, new
city, new stuffs, etc. I didn’t join any organization due to faculty policy or
something.. But in second semester, both organization and extracurricular
activities opened a “new member registration”. Then I joined three organizations
; Asian Medical Student Association (AMSA), Science and Research Center (SRC),
and Atlas Medical Pioneer (AMP). I become member of Academic&Research
Division and HRD Division at AMSA UNPAD while in SRC I become Gatekeeper
member. I was not really active back then because I follow basic training AMP.
Atlas
Medical Pioneer or AMP basic training (Pendidikan
Dasar AMP) was really amazing experience for me. In spite of my final
decision to quit from this organization, I was really glad becoming this part
of basic training once.
AMP basic
training is tough. To become an AMP member is not easy. We have to do basic
training for about 6 months then secondary training for about 12 months. In basic
training agenda we are trained in semi-military way. In the middle of tight med
school schedules, we spare our time 3 times a week which starts from 4PM until
about 12AM. Within those times we did running around the university, muscle
training like push up and sits up, and hiking simulation by walking around the
university carrying a carrier. These training are making everybody exhausted,
both physically and mentally. These training are meant to prepare our body and
mind to face Medan Operasi. Medan Operasi is final agenda on this
basic training. We have to spend about 9 days in somewhere (may be a wood or a
mountain, etc).
But,
I decided
to quit in the last minute of this training.
Yes.
I have
spent almost my entire second semester to join this basic training yet I quit. Right
before my friends left for Medan Operasi, I did some kind of ceremony –
handkerchief releasing (pelepasan kacu)
as a sign that I am no longer as participant of this basic training. I have some
personal reason of why I decided not to continue this training which I can’t
write here. All I can say is that I realized that my vision and mission can’t
be really accomplished if I continue to do this. AMP is really good actually. I
can see another potential of AMP, but… there are just so many reasons and
conditions I have to consider.
![]() |
| Rock Climbing - Lapangan Tebing |
![]() |
| Medical Training - Lapangan Medis |
![]() |
| Lapangan Gunung Hutan |
![]() |
| Rafting - Lapangan Olahraga Arus Deras |
![]() |
| Medan Operasi Simulation |
Photo Source : Instagram AMP FK UNPAD (@ampfkunpad)






0 other thoughts:
Posting Komentar